CLOSING DATE: 30/09/2017
To provide personal care and support to customers within our residential facility and the community
|Location||34 Claro Road, Harrogate and in the community|
|Salary||£7.81 – £8.32 per hr depending on qualification|
|Hours per Week||Full time 37.5hrs per week – part time by arrangement|
|Annual Leave||28 days plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)|
|Reports to||Care & Support Manager|
|DBS Check||Enhanced with List Checks|
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Personal care and support to customers within our residential facility and the community
- Supporting customers with independent living and daily activities
Role Information summary
- Work flexibly and creatively with customers on a day to day basis to recognise their achievements and identify problems, including ways of resolving them.
- To assist and participate in the care planning and risk management processes, enabling the people we support to live their lives to their full potential by promoting choice, independence, dignity, privacy, diversity, culture and values. This will be with guidance or as directed by senior staff.
- Contribute to regular review meetings of customers care and support, taking into account changing needs and choices.
- Ensure that all information relating to customers is kept up to date and communicated to others.
- Ensure that any concerns or changes to customers support needs or risk management are communicated to senior staff without delay.
- Assist customers to organise appointments which are important for the person being supported, including those necessary for maintaining their health and well-being.
- Correspond, liaise and establish professional relationships with families, local agencies and services to the benefit of the individual.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision and training as required.
- Promote a positive image of disability, and the organisation.
- Maintain personal responsibility for following our policy and procedures as well as health and safety regulations.
For more detailed role information please download the person specification document.
To apply for the job please fill in the application form and either email it to us or use the form to the right to upload it directly.
Download Job Application Form Download Person Specification