Senior Support Assistant
To provide personal care and support to customers in the community and our residential care home
Our charity is proud to celebrate more than 80 years of supporting disabled people whose primary challenge arises from a physical disability. As we continue to strive forward in developing our service we seek bright and enthusiastic people who can support us in achieving the aspirations of disabled people whatever they may be.
We are looking to recruit Senior Support Assistants to work in the community and support our residential care home. You will be instrumental in helping Customer’s to live full, happy and healthy lives; providing personal care, developing independent living skills and supporting people in achieving their own life goals.
What we offer
· Fully funded Mandatory training
· Fully funded Diploma in Health & Social Care
· A great working environment
· Contracted full or part time hours
· Fantastic rates of pay
· 28 days’ holiday plus additional payment for bank holidays worked
· Life Assurance
· Cycle to work scheme
· Employment Support Helpline
· Paid Blue Light Card
· Paid Birthday Leave
· Wellness Wednesday
· Paid Breaks
· Paid DBS
About You – Essential requirements
· A desire to help others
· Experience of working in a social care, residential or community setting
· Willingness to undertake training and development activity
· Flexibility with regard working hours including on call arrangements
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to lead and motivate others
· Committed to good practice
· Diploma level 2 in Health & Social Care with willingness to work towards Level 3
· Good IT, numeracy and literacy skills
· Able to maintain accurate records
About You – Desirable requirements
· Full clean driving licence
· Experience of staff management / supervision
· Experience of co-ordinating homecare delivery Desirable
· Support the work of the manager and deputy managers in the day to day running of our personal care services, residential and community based.
· Leadership of a unit of ten customers within the residential care facility including delegation of tasks to staff.
· Responsibility for the food budget for their unit, including ensuring menu planning and food shopping is carried out.
· Leads the shift as required
· Undertake a wide range of support tasks and activities for each customers, as described in their support plan, and directed by the customer, including personal care, domestic support and assistance with social needs when required.
· As requested by, and/or in the absence of, the manager maintain effective communication with customers, relatives, staff and external agencies including health care professionals and others
· Accurate administration of medication, including ordering, safe storage, recording and disposal
· Preparation of care plans and risk assessments, enabling the people we support to live their lives to their full potential by promoting choice, independence, dignity, privacy, diversity, culture and values.
· Arrange and attend regular review meetings of customers care and support, taking into account changing needs and choices.
· Ensure that all information relating to customers is kept up to date and communicated to others.
· Ensure that any concerns or changes to customers support needs or risk management are acted on without delay.
· Be on call on a rota basis
· Attend staff meetings, supervision and training as required
· Promote a positive image of disability, and the organisation
· Maintain personal responsibility for following our policy and procedures as well as health and safety regulations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £11.00 per hour
· Bike to work scheme
· Casual dress
· Company pension
· Discounted or free food
· Life insurance
· On-site parking
· Sick pay
· Store discounts
Weekly PCR testing for staff LFD testing twice per week for staff Masks worn by all staff Customers PCR tested every 28 days