CLOSING DATE: 20/03/2019
Our charity is proud to celebrate over 80 years of supporting disabled people.
As we continue to move forward in developing our service we seek bright and enthusiastic people who can support us in achieving the aspirations of disabled people whatever they may be.
Due to expansion, we seek a Deputy Manager to work with our manager on the transition from residential care to supported housing and the development of a community-based service. This is both an exciting role for the right person and integral to our charity.
We have an excellent employee retention rate, and you will quickly gain personal satisfaction from working in the positive culture we promote and the customers we work with. You will have a very varied role, and the summary of duties you will undertake are as follows:
- Deputises for the manager in their absence
- Organises rotas and workload
- Line manage support staff as delegated by the manager
- In the absence of the Manager maintain effective communication with customers, relatives, staff and external agencies including health care professionals and others
- Ensures accurate administration of medication
- Works with the manager in the development of the community-based services as well as the change from residential care to supported housing
- To lead in the care planning and risk management processes
- Promotes a positive image of disability, and the organisation
This list is not exhaustive and you can read the full job description by clicking on the link below.
In addition, we also offer excellent rates of pay, bespoke training, and ongoing development and support.
The salary is £21,840, which is equivalent to £12 per hour, and the role is full time at 35 hours per week. We may also consider part-time by arrangement.
Does this sound like a job for you? Are you enthusiastic, motivated and ready for an exciting challenge? If so, please apply today, as these positions do not come along often in our charity, so we anticipate many applications!
Closing date 20th March with interviews held w/c 1st April.Download Job Application Form Download Person Specification